We're building a technology platform which enables every fitness & well-being professional in the world to run a digital online business - it's the Shopify for fitness.
Strydal is a Munich-based early stage start-up with first funding in the transition from beta to scale phase.
About this position
As we start scaling, we’re looking for a Head of Engineering interested in building the future of training and wellness at home. You’ll use your knowledge and experience to support, manage and grow our 4-people-strong team of highly talented engineers, while fostering a productive and collaborative working culture.
As Head of Engineering you’re responsible for developing, shipping and maintaining technical products that enable Strydal’s mission of becoming the number one online-business solution for every instructor in the world.
You’ll collaborate daily with the founding team, designers and sales/marketing managers to ensure goal alignment on planning objectives. You’ll be working in a completely distributed team and, as an early joiner, you'll have a profound impact on the product, company culture and tech architecture. A strong willingness to work independently, take ownership and contribute to decision making is crucial.
What you'll need to succeed
- 2+ years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer, Lead Software Engineer or equivalent role.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Profound knowledge of backend & frontend web technologies.
- No fear of “getting your hands dirty” and hacking away together with the team if that’s what the situation requires.
- Strong communication skills and a collaboration-first mentality.
- Manage a team of talented engineers and enable them to do their best work, while creating a positive and empowering culture.
- Make, mediate and validate architecture decisions across the entire technical stack and infrastructure.
- Actively contribute to the codebase as one of the most senior engineers in the team.
- Own performance, availability and reliability of our technical systems.
- Establish the working methods and processes that ensure code quality and effective collaboration as the company and team scale.
- Mentor and coach engineers so they seek bigger challenges, keep learning and progress in their careers.
Our tech stack
- Our web frontend is built with React
- Our backend services are written primarily in Ruby (Rails)
- Our infrastructure lives on AWS and Heroku
- Real-time video built on top of WebRTC & WebSockets