We're building a technology platform which enables every fitness & well-being professional in the world to run a digital online business - it's the Shopify for fitness.
Strydal is a Munich-based early stage start-up with first funding in the transition from beta to scale phase.
About this position
As we start scaling our product, we're looking to extend our 7-people strong distributed team with a talented Software Engineer interested in building the future of home training. You’ll be working in a completely distributed team of 4 developers and 1 designer and, as an early joiner, you'll have profound impact on the product and tech architecture. A strong willingness to work independently, take ownership and contribute to decision making is crucial.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer / Software Architect for web application
- Experience building live video applications (WebRTC and/or RTMP)
- Profound knowledge of backend & frontend web technologies in general
- Ability to work independently in an ambitious, fast-paced team
- Contribute to our Live-class product: a live-video solution for home training, including real-time remote interaction and animations
- Create and deliver core features of our product on a weekly basis
- Make architecture decisions related to Live-class across our entire system
- Implement monitoring, testing & code-quality initiative to ensure the reliability of the product
- Contribute to defining our working methods and processes as the team grows
- (optional) Develop your leadership and people management skills
Our tech stack
- Our web frontend is built with React
- Our backend services are written primarily in Ruby (Rails)
- Our infrastructure lives on AWS and Heroku
- Real-time video built on top of WebRTC & WebSockets