We're building a technology platform which enables every fitness & well-being professional in the world to run a digital online business - it's the Shopify for fitness.
Strydal is a Munich-based early stage start-up with first funding in the transition from beta to scale phase.
About this position
As we start scaling our product, we're looking to extend our 10-people strong distributed team with a talented Senior Software Engineer interested in building the future of home training. You’ll be working in a completely distributed team of 4 developers and 1 designer and, as an early joiner, you'll have profound impact on the product and tech architecture. A strong willingness to work independently, take ownership and contribute to decision making is crucial.
What you'll need to succeed
- Profound knowledge of web technologies
- Strong interest and skills for building complex web-based products (eg. live-streaming)
- Ability to work independently in an ambitious, fast-paced team
- Bonus: Experience with our tech stack (Rails and/or React)
- Work closely with the whole team to create product features that delight our users
- Own a part of our product and oversee every technical aspect of its development
- Contribute to building a live yoga/fitness class experience, with real-time interaction
- Contribute to defining our working methods and processes as the team grows
- (optional) Develop your leadership and people management skills
Our tech stack
- Our web frontend is built with React
- Our backend services are written primarily in Ruby (Rails)
- Our infrastructure lives on AWS and Heroku
- Real-time video built on top of WebRTC & WebSockets